1.Could we get a good means to scout a sector by going around it in a circle first? I find its a good strategy for exploration. It finds the slipstreams the quickest. It also helps to avoid gaps when you search side to side later. However, its a bit tedious having to readjust the movement of the scout ships to keep it along the edges every few turns.
2.Could we have the option to see the outer edge in a sector or unexplored territory? You don't get see the edge until you are there. Any commands to go further than the edge get cancelled, which I find annoying.
3.Make starbases claim relics automatically when built. I want them to do more than auto claim resources.
4.Auto cast draft colonists. I keep forgetting I can use this ability every 10 turns. I'd like the game kept casting this for me.
5.Guard command. I want to be able to tell ships to ignore everything. Sentry command isn't good enough for that as enemy ships within sensor range cancels sentry. Cari tried to talk me out of wanting it, but I find that I need it.
6.I think you should be able to grow population on core worlds without citizens. Running out of organic citizens seems mess up the flow of the game. I have got core worlds that ran out of citizens throughout the alpha and its a chore to 'reseed' worlds so they can grow population again.
7.If I capture some Yor citizens, I want to gain the ability to manufacture Yor.
8.If I'm synthetic, could I gain the option to let my organic citizens to grow? I might not have the resources to build more population, so growing more organic citizens might be my best option.
Numbered your comments for ease of answering.
1. I explore the same way probe the perimeter then fill in the center. However, I never put my ships on auto. My understanding of how a game is coded leads me to the conclusion that for a game to be programed to explore this way would not be cost efficient as the time/manpower to achieve this would put the game out of the price range of the casual gamer.
2. You can see the perimeter of a sector by zooming out.
3. Relics cost resources so the current method allows you to skip the upgrade if you need resource elsewhere or do not have enough to begin with. To have it auto could lead to the AI upgrading a relic like the Life one instead of the Approval you would prefer.
4. See #3 run out of control point and you have none for more leaders, plus the turn the colonist option becomes available again the number above that option changes.
5. Guard in GC 2&3 always woke ships when enemy ships entered your ZOC, so you want an option to stay asleep while your opponent ravages your empire?
7.&8. As I never have and never will play a robot race, I have no comment.
As a personnel preference I would prefer for the Developers to spend their time on perfecting the systems they currently have in and are planning for this game and letting the Mod community of which you could be one take care of this wish list for you. This is of course my opinion which like Fourth points of contacts everyone has one.