I lost a lot of time with the last Fences update disaster. Now, with this update, it looks like I am going to lose some more time.
1. Windows version: Edition Windows 10 Home, Version21H1, Installed on 8/26/2020, OS build 19043.1165, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0.
Windows 10 ran a full update yesterday. This was before the Fences update, which was today.
The Fences version is 22.214.171.124 and the update was prompted automatically with a popup.
2. After the Fences update, the desktop was blank. No Fences. No icons. After fiddling around, I managed to get the icons to appear. Here's what I did: At the bottom right of the Windows Task Bar, there is an icon for the Action Center. It looks like this:
I right clicked it instead of left-clicked it (as I normally do). Here's what appeared, except the part in red said "Show app icons" instead of "Don't show app icons."
3. With that resolved, I went to open Fences from the Start Menu and the Fences Settings feature popped up. From there, I even ran it as administrator to make sure. But the results were the same whether normal or as administrator, which I tested during several reboots of the computer.
Within the Fences Settings feature, I came to the Layout Snapshots. I took a couple of screenshots. This is what my layout looked like yesterday:
(As an aside, notice that I no longer use app icons on the desktop, just folder icons. I worked out a system to put all my app icons in desktop folders so that if another Fences disaster ever happened, I would not have to go through the nightmare I went through the first time around. With the current update problem, it looks like I made a wise decision.)
Here is what my desktop looks like now. Once again, it is a screenshot of a Fences Layout Snapshot.
Notice that the folder icons are still in the same place, but Fences is no longer there.
4. Finally, I right-clicked on the desktop to get to Fences Configuration. On the pop-up there is no alternative for "Configure Fences." Instead there is one for "Enable Fences." No matter how many times I click that one, nothing happens. Here is what it looks like:
5. Just to make sure of everything, I activated Fences once again with my product key and password.
That's the best I can do so far. Please see what you can do to fix this.
Frankly, I am giving this my best shot to make it work because I like Fences and have been using it for years. But this is taking a lot of time and here on earth I am not eternal. In this phase, Fences and I are not a good fit.
Please see if you can make it a good fit.