Once you disable that part, than you can do the "pin to start10" to make which ever application appear on that left panel. You can try the short steps to do so.
HOW TO ADD FOLDER/ICON TO THE LEFT PANEL
1) Right Click on the folder/icon you wanted to appear on the left panel of Start10. (In Windows Explorer)
2) Select/Click "Pin to Start"
3) On Start10 click "All Programs"
4) That folder you "pin to start", will appear here. Right click on it.
5) Select/Click "Pin to Start Menu (Start10)
And that should do it. To have it listed out on the Left panel of Start10.
Stardock Community Assistant