Well...I can't tell you why it was broken but I just went back to it and it's working now and displaying the configured passcode correctly.
Before when it was giving me garbage the whole show passcode button was messed up. it didn't show "click to show passcode" it showed the garbage and when you clicked it, the garbage changed.
So now when I went back in it was showing the click to show correctly. I clicked it and it showed garbage. I then went to the change passcode and changed it. Going back to the show passcode it then displayed the new passcode when clicked. I was then able to get it to connect.
I guess you can close this out with the support team. I guess it just needed some time.