Changelog for what I'm working on for Ashes v2.0:
- Quantum Archive radioactive cost increased from 300 to 400
- Quantum Relay radioactive cost increased from 300 to 400
- PHC Refinery radioactive cost increased from 300 to 600, time increased from 90 to 120. This was done to decrease early game use of it.
The big change here is that the Substrate units that had armor have had it removed. Instead, shields have been slightly increased and shield regen increased.
- Mobile Nullifier radoactive cost increased from 500 to 700
- Nemesis (PHC sniper) radioactive cost increased from 100 to 200
- Hades HP increased from 1200 to 1400
- Hades radioactive cost increased from 180 to 240
- Harvester radioactive cost increased from 280 to 512 for same reason that the PHC refinery cost was increased. It is not intended as an early game unit.
Weapons that had a minor armor piercing ability have been removed. Generally, weapons either penetrate armor or they do not. Figuring out whether armor piercing of 4 in the middle of the game will matter is not helpful.
- Artemis barrage reduced from 6 shots to 5 shots.
- Artemis shot AOE increased from 30 to 75.
- Artemis damage reduced from 85 to 70
- Artemis projectile speed reduced from 150m/s to 100m/s
- Avenger's Plasma bolt hose (Substrate anti-TI killer) reload time increased from 9.6 to 2.1
- Avenger Plasma bolt hose bolt count increased from 8 to 12
- Avenger Plasma bolt hose will no longer target buildings
- Destructor Plasma Rain (Substrate building killer weapon) will no longer target units
- Destructor Plasma Rain bolts per volley increased from 12 to 16.
- Drone bolt range decreased from 400m to 300m
- Hyena Cutting Array (Substrate Mauler primary weapon) reload time increased from 2.8 to 4.2. Duration increased from 2.2 to 2.5 DPS increased from 70 to 75.
- Nemesis Rail gun (primary PHC sniper weapon) reload time reduced from 9 to 5.5. Damage increased from 800 to 900. Can no longer target buildings. Range increased from 1400 to 1600 The unit is more expensive but is now more capable of countering mass dreadnought spam. The cost bump from 100 to 200 radioactive makes it too expensive to justify as an anti T1/T2 unit.
- Orbital Strike no longer has armor penetration. Damage decreased from 1000 to 800.
- Archer (PHC T1 primary weapon) rockets creased from 3 shots to 2. Reload time increased from 3 to 4. Damage increased from 30 to 40. (80 damage delivered).
- Brute (PHC1 T1 primary weapon) Plasma bolt shot count increased from 6 to 7. Damaged increased from 3.5 to 5.
- Reaper (Substrate T1 primary) range reduced from 525m to 450m. Reload time increased from 1.06s to 2.1s. Duration increased from 2.4 to 2.8.
In addition to these changes, there was a general pass on secondary weapons of T2s, T3s, and T4s to make those weapons fire more often but do less damage.
- Buildings given an armor value of 4 to encourage players to choose building destroying units that can only target structures. For example, a unit that does 5 damage per shot will have 4 of it absorbed by armor with only 1 point doing damage. However, a weapon that have armor piercing will bypass this.
Special Ability Changes
- Plasma Storm AOE increased from 500 to 600. damage per second reduced from 10 to 5. The objective is to make Plasma Storm an area denial weapon not to simply wipe out swaths of units. We may reduce the damage further and increase its effect in a future update.