Have been having a consistent issue with DeskScapes and upgrading hasn't helped. Uninstalling and reinstalling makes no difference.
- Right click on desktop; select Configure DeskScapes
- Select local image (I mainly use DeskScapes for the all-in-one catalog and never bother with video or effects)
- Apply; image change is applied immediately
- Select a second local image
- Apply; image isn't applied immediately
- Right click on desktop; NO Menu is displayed
- Approximately 30 seconds later the new image is applied but right click desktop menu still not available
- Approximately 30 seconds later the right click desktop menu is finally available
Very weird behavior and clearly something is not happy. I've posted an event log error that sometimes occurs but doesn't seem to happen every time.
Not a lot to go on but please note that even after a full Win 10 reinstall (new SSD ) this issue persists.
Event Viewer Error
The program DeskscapesConfig.exe version 10.0.2.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 3564
Start Time: 01d5c333dba99758
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\DeskScapes10\DeskscapesConfig.exe
Report Id: 6671eb3a-f851-42bd-808d-5bea89c8df82
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle
DeskScapes appears to be activated on this PC
DeskScapes engine appears to be running
(ASUS MX32V) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Deskscape.dll 2019/08/14 03:12:18
Deskscapes.dll 2019/05/02 07:12:52
DreamControl32.dll 2019/08/14 03:12:50
DeskscapesConfig.exe 2019/08/03 05:34:08
UI\Deskscape.dll 2019/08/02 23:49:28
UI\DeskscapesVideo.dll 2019/05/02 07:12:54
DreamTasks.exe 2019/05/02 07:12:29
DeskscapesVideo.dll 2019/05/02 07:12:22