Feedback and Suggestions
Not sure if this is the correct place to post feedback and suggestions If not, I can post elsewhere. First of all, I'm very impressed with DeskScapes 10 beta so far! Really slick UI, efficient layout, useful features, dark and light modes—even the typography is nice. The generous selection of local and online libraries (including smooth OneDrive cloud integration) makes DS10 a powerful tool for navigating and managing wallpaper collections. A great product right out the gate (or almost out the gate).
- Random Backgrounds:
- Please add "Change every 12 hours" to the "Changing speed" dropdown list. I want to change between a favorite night and day wallpaper, so I added them to the random folder and checked "Sequentially change through the backgrounds". But there's no way to make it change on a 12-hour day/night schedule! (Note: The downside of this solution will be having to wait until sunrise or sunset to manually kick off the 12-hour timer, which will gradually get out of sync with mother nature anyway. Still, a 12 hour timer would be a big leap forward.)
- An even better option (perhaps further down the road) would be the ability to sync background change with W10 Night Light, so the wallpaper changes whenever night light turns on/off.
- Sync to change whenever W10 is switched between dark and light mode might be another way to accomplish the same day/night wallpaper change scenario.
- Very minor point: The name "Random Backgrounds" is technically a misnomer once you select the sequential option.
- High Resolution Support/Filtering based on Resolution:
- The only way to determine resolution is by clicking on files one-at-a-time and reading their description.
- Many online resources have multiple resolutions, but I didn't find any at 4K among the 10-15 I clicked on.
- I have a local folder with only 4K wallpapers, but didn't see any online categories/folders designated as 4K.
- The ability to globally filter wallpapers/videos by resolution would be the ultimate solution.
- Animated Wallpapers:
- I tried one of the featured animated wallpapers, but the result wasn't very impressive on a 4K monitor in terms of sharpness of detail. Motion (fps) was also choppy even at the slowest speed (probably the fault of my anemic Intel HD 620 graphics processor which handles 4K surprisingly well, but only if you don't do anything demanding).
- Although we have the nice "Download" and "Visit background webpage" buttons, it's frustrating that additional links in the video desctiption (such as YouTube previews) aren't active hyperlinks or even copyable (maybe for security reasons?).
In any case, keep up the good work! Looking forward to future versions.
Edit: Added comment about Intel HD 620 integrated graphics on my laptop.