thanks for the heads up.
Some items I am missing:
- will synthetic popcap actually work? It did not for me so far. I could go beyond it without repercussions
- I am not sure whether this is inentional: normal morale buildings are not accessable without abilities. The problem seems to be, that the branch is rooted in tourism, which you only get for diplomatic ability
- One of the scavenging techs promisses +1 mining, I didn't check, whether it does so.
- Knowledgeable only unlocks the first gravitonics tech (thalan hull capacity), Time travelers unlocks the other two, but you need knowledgable, since time travelers dont have the first gravitonics tech.
- synthetics seem to be missing the colonization tech for toxic and nuclear worlds
- for amphibious races, the first food tech after Planetology does nothing. Food buildings are unlocked 1 tier later each. Not sure if this is intentional, but the empty tech sucks.
Items I am curious about:
- is it intentional synthetics don't have shipyard projects? I kinda ran into trouble getting arnor spices (for archeology modules) with my ancient synthetics.
- using slavers ability without unrelenting, locks your civ out of many research improvements, intentional?
- what are your plans for evasion? Right now it can be incredibly cheesy, due to having the right combination of techs and/or the tactical speed components. Reaching 100% evasion is not exactly hard. late in the game. I actually managed to do so with my first medium ships. This just lets you completely ignore the defense tech branches. Not to mention, the engine branch now is incredibly attractive as an alternative to defense.
- colonizers ability: can the free improvement be extended to colony uniques? With the normal improvements nerfed in this release, I don't see this ability to be particulary valuable.
- adaptabel could unlock the tech instead of giving the ability to colonize etreme worlds. That way it would offer the additional advantage of saving tech time and giving fast access to the specializations. The previously iconian tech for having no drawbacks on all extreme worlds could also go here.
Looks great. The game just continues to improve. Also, if you wouldn't mind clarifying or sharing your thoughts on the matter, now that synthetics now increase population by the Propagation project by 1, will there be any way to increase population more quickly later on? The +50 science when you create a pop is nice, but it would be nice to be able to do something similar to the previous fast assembly projects. You could explain why this is the case so I can better understand your reasoning if this is intentional?
No particular magic here:
If memory serves me right, assembly projects did cost roughly 100/200/300/400, this was necessary, because planets easily reached multiple hundreds of manufacturing and you would have been wasting tons of it using only the first project. With the current balance manufacturing beyond 100 should be rare, so you there is no point in having finish 2 pop in two turn as an alternative to finish 1 pop in 1 turn.
The only useful situation i seen so far is to use it on Tiny or Small ship with Living Hull tech from Iconian tree. You get more effective HP that way.
Nah that's not it. But at 20 hp granted it outperforms the highest tier of shields etc. in terms of effective hp / component mass.
5 hp is reasonable. It still outperforms defenses up to the third tier, but that's why it costs thulium. In vanilla it sucked because you were sacrificing a precius thulium data archive or an evasion fleet booster for it, but given how resources work now, I think this is fine.