I made this thread so we may collect and discuss some more "advanced" tactics for new players to read up on once they've covered the basics.
What I got in mind are some tactics and tricks not too obvious at first glance which can make the difference between victory and defeat when facing a similarly skilled opponent
Soo, to get things started:
If things drag on, get creative:
- Go after his economy and force your opponent to multi-task.
- Do invest in upgrades. They can make one hell of a difference if chosen well
- Get the resource amplifiers in later game (don't make them in early game since they take a while to make and you need the resources elsewhere)
- Your armies you used for capping won't just magically disappear. Feel free to use them as decoys <insert evil mastermind laugh here>
- Radar has a very short range, especially on moving units. Use that to your advantage to sneak behind enemy lines.
- Don't be scared to build factories somewhat close to the frontline.
Toss some of your own tactics in as well