There's a ton of UI work that needs to be done, I know the fanboys are gonna disagree but here's a few:
group governing of sponsoring planets
all lists should be sortable
ships/starbases list sortable and collapsible by name/type
you should be able to go directly to planet governing from anywhere eg: sponsoring planet list
reverse course lookup (if I click on a location eg planet, I should see all units enroute)
distance measuring between any 2 points
ability to see all ships in range of a tile by clicking on it
resume button on launch
when single clicking a starbase you should be able to see the rally point
Those just off the top of my head.
Generally managing planets/fleets/starbases is extremely tedious, and I'm only playing on immense.
So much this. For a game that put huge maps and huge empires as one of it's main features (and sacrificing some features for it) it has absolutely horrible UI clearly unsyatable for managing more than 25 planets.
To add to list above:
- no way to quickly see planet Ideology bonus (i dunno, where was no place below planet basic bonus or something? It is totally displayed on galaxy screen AND in planet screen so why not to add ideology bonus to the same place).
- no planet renaming and marking system (like marking favorite or important planets).
- no way to go to planet location from Govern list (or i'm being dumb ans somehow missed it).
- no way to send free ship to specific planet without finding it on galaxy screen first.
- we should be able to specifically mark (so they are visible on galaxy map) ship or fleets, even if they are orbiting planet\BS\SY - go find specific fleet you put around some planet 10 turn ago (especially with neutral ideology trait with +3 ships for each planet) or all your sensor ships.
- and, please, stop removing planet sorting in Govern list after i visit another planet...
More to follow.