Typical conversation regarding a certain lawsuit goes something like this:
- What about <Allegation 1>? They made it up.
- What about <Allegation 2>? They made it up.
- What about <Allegation 3>? They made it up.
- What about <Allegation 4>? They made it up.
- Oh come on, you’re saying they made it all up? Yes.
- Can you prove they made it up? Yes.
- How? Because their own witnesses claimed she did or she directly admitted to doing so during her deposition.
- That’s impossible. She’d get in so much trouble. Yes, that’s why she had to publicly apologize.
Talk to a lawyer who’s tried cases and ask them what it means if someone got nothing other than
having to apologize to the accused.
- I don’t believe you, she wouldn’t have filed the suit unless it had merit…
And so on.