Hi all! I've been playing for a short time and I came up with the idea that heroes should adopt or be adopted by a city. Any bonuses that they get (such as gildar+2, reduce unrest) should go to that city regardless of whether they are currently in it. At the moment the problem is using the unrest bonuses means staying in the city and not achieving any further experience.
Further ideas arising from this:-
1) A high-level hero could allow the town to create a hero building with various effects depending on hero characteristics. These effects could be to the town or to the hero.
2) A hero could donate his trophies (eg wolf/bear pelts, spare weapons) to the town with beneficial consequences.
3) Any recall spell would teleport the hero to his adopted home.
4) A hero could get benefits from visiting his home town. Perhaps instant healing. The effects could be dependent on hero-buildings.
5) The effects could be different for kingdom and empire factions. Eg hero-worship vs complete terror of the hero.
6) There could be enemy spells for turning a city against its hero.
So what does anyone think?