The UI needs to provide information about the Zone of Control (ZoC) for a player's cities/outposts. Reasons for the need for additional information:
1. Now that outposts have a game mechanic where not being connected to a ZoC will result in less production, I need to know some steps I can take to increase the ZoC for either my cities or the outpost(s) impacted.
2. Currently, ZoC increases through two methods- population or buildings (is there another option?). But there is some information missing in the UI currently- when do the population levels do they increase? Are there any technologies to improve/increase this?
3. Is there a minimum distance between outposts? If so, how is that communicated in game?
4. What is the real function of ZoC? Does is repel monsters? Does is repel AI? I know there are some ZoC benefits outposts can provide to this, too, but what's the game mechanic impact with cities?
5. Finally, are there plans for Pioneers to show a ZoC representation for when they settle an area? Knowing this will really help me with outpost/city placement.
As a final note, I'll make a few other comments and questions:
A. Why can't I buy ZoC with gildars directly? How about spending influence on it? Casting spells? Why is it only limited to population and buildings?
B. Why are outposts the only thing that can add benefits to ZoC?
C. If an outpost is inside a ZoC, do it's benefits permeate throughout the ZoC, or just its area? If it's just its area, how can I tell what that is within the ZoC since it all just combines together?
Did I miss any understanding/use cases? Any additional information anyone can provide on understanding this would help, too.