Quoting Cylon_Luvr, reply 2001
Z, this is my take on credits for cylons:
Cylons cannot generate tax or credit from planets at game start, and the Cylon homeworld at game start should have a population of 0. Cylons cannot start collecting tax credits until they have researched "Reproduction Farms" (this is for both Loyalist and Rebel).
The Rebel faction will specialise in reproduction with many available research items (Are You Alive?, Procreation and Nanorobotics) and will eventually be able to generate significant credits from tax.
The Loyalist faction can develop "Reproduction Farms", but that's it. They will not derive many credits at all from tax. Loyalists will generate a majority of their credits through system hacking and trade.
To compensate for limited credits from tax, Cylons (both Rebel and Loyalist) will have massive bonuses for mining. They will generate 3 or so points of metal and crystal per respective asteroid, per second. They can sell this on the black market to generate credits. Ships are also cheaper.
Also eventually both Rebels and Loyalists will generate tax from Colony Pods on starbases/moons, and both have access to "Hybrid Hacking Programs" to generate tax from Capital Ships (only one research item though for Rebel, where Loyalist specialises in it with many research items).
Is this what you have in mind Z or something different?
Well I don't think it's a good idea
1. The black market is dynamic, when you want credit it will blast off the price, and in multi when several player play as cylon?
2. If Cylon don't generate credits, their ship/building should not required credit to be build (only logic), so i don't see a point to give them research to gain credits, maybe just for black market use but that's all.
3. I think that would drastically break the balance of power for the game.
some more testing: the starbase jump before i make the research, the heavy basestar are losing fighter/bomber when jumping (it leave them behind)
Thanks for your feedback Koobalt. Responses below:
1. Cylons do not solely rely on the black market, crystal etc. They simply receive higher bonuses for resource extraction to compensate for their slower credit rate. Both Loyalist and Rebel will be able to generate significant amounts of credit through research. The "Hacking" research doesn't literally mean that they Cylons are taking resources from the Black Market, it is simply the same as the Vasari "Civilian Evacuations" research where capital ships start to generate tax credits.
2. Cylons do generate credits, and therefore they can build ships using credits. However, they must initially complete research to generate it.
3. I'm not sure what you mean? Could you please go in to more detail as to why you think it will break the balance of power? There is no imbalance.... Cylons generate higher rates of resource extraction because they cannot generate as many credits from planet populations compared to other races, so it is balanced.
While I respect your opinion Koobalt, I suggest that if you don't like my idea, then it is only suitable that you would put forward an alternative idea? What do you think would work? Keep in mind that if you would like the mod to be true to cannon, Cylons had not developed natural procreation in the reimagined TV series, and therefore would not be able to have significant population growth, other than creating/growing more humanoid models? (however in the past, i.e. the alternative Earth, Kobol etc Cylons were actually capable of procreation).
Z, what do you think about all of this?