Hey everyone! I recently pushed an update to the forums to make some bug fixes, and figure I'd add a few new features along the way. Here's what changed:
1. You can now give karma to users even in locked posts.
2. For those of you that do not know, you can quote only specific parts of a user's text. It works like this:
A. Select the text you wish to quote, then hit the quote button:
B. The selected text will then show up in the reply box:
If you wish to quote the entire text, simply hit the Quote button without anything selected.
This feature previously did not work on Chrome or IE9. It does now, so enjoy!
3. A Spoiler tag has been added to the editor. It allows you to mark sections of your post/reply as a spoiler, which are then hidden. Here's how it works:
A. Select the text you wish to hide and hit the spoiler icon in the toolbar:
B. You can also simply surround your text with the spoiler tag, like below:
C. The text will be shown in your post/reply as black text on a black background:
D. On websites that already have a dark background behind the post/reply, the text and text background will show up as white, as shown here on the Sins of a Solar Empire forums:
E. If a user mouses over the text or highlights it, it will appear:
This should hopefully help to prevent spoilers for not only Stardock game discussions, but any game discussions.
4. A Youtube/video tag has been added to the editor. It allows you to show a Youtube video inline. Here's how it works:
A. Click the Youtube icon in the editor's toolbar:
B. In the popup, paste the URL of the Youtube video you want to show:
C. You can also simply surround the Youtube video URL with the video tag, like so:
D. When you submit, the Youtube video will show up inline with the rest of your post/reply:
5. Some minor CSS/Color changes and bug fixes here and there.
I hope you guys enjoy these changes! Please let me know if you notice any problems with the above changes or anything in the forums. Feel free to create a new topic in the Forum Issues category if you encounter anything.