Glad you are enjoying the mod.
Unfortunately there are no log files, as a modder, that I can use.
Now a couple of things at the outset ...
1. The 1.85 patch did not require a great deal of work to move from 1.82 i.e there is not a great deal that can go wrong, from the little I did, I also test and play with error logging on (basic syntax checking) ... of course no errors are reported
2. I have had Sins+Maelstrom (single player) freeze around the same time in a game or later ... monitoring via the task manager I saw that the RAM usage just kepted increasing at a high rate ... I assumed a bug with the base game... I do not use LAA. Finally, I have had many long games without issues.
3. The 1.85 patch (http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/478243/page/1/#3642133) included substantial work on ...
- Added Enhanced Mod Memory Support:
- Mods now use less memory.
- Entering, exiting and re-entering a modded game no longer accumulates memory usage.
- Changing mods no longer causes unnecessary memory consumption.
- Overall memory usage is also reduced.
I do not know how this has been achieved (possibly multi-core ... memory sharing with GPU ... etc). I have to assume a lot of work from the developers went into this solution.
How this would interact with the LAA is unknown,
Interesting, Maelstrom with all Graphics Settings on Highest uses 1.5 GB ... which inspires me to add further features to Maelstrom (i.e additional races)
Conclusion: I would say there is at least 1 bug with the base game. I am not sure of the trigger. It could be a memory management issue and how it interacts with LAA.Of course I could be completely wrong ... lol. I will test with the dev.exe to probe deeper.
Additional useful information might be what OS are used in your group? What DLC's are being used? Graphics cards (of course make sure drivers are up to date)?
PS: If you are still playing ... let me know if there are anymore symptoms