As someone with a lot invested in GC3 and the ship editor as a creative outlet, I'm wondering if the Civ Editor will be robust enough to satisfy my needs.
1) Will you be able to set the portraits of new leaders/spies/etc. Will these default to the default 'base' race portrait? Will they be based off the leaders of the base race you use? IE, you start with Terrans, modify them into the "Auslandic Consortium" and now all your leaders are John Johnson and such?
2) It was clear we are getting additional color schemes, and I doubt we are getting a custom coloring scheme editor in the game, however, can we integrate color schemes into the file pack for Steam? So if I manually make a color scheme XML file, it will download with Steam and allow the player to use it?
3) There are graphical issues with custom shipsets right now, because we use a Template with no components the game seems to not understand the weapon loadouts and only animates a single Kinetic weapon effect for ALL weapons on the ship. Makes everyone sad. Is this going to be fixed?
4) Custom home systems, can we also integrate this into the custom race XML so we can upload to steam properly. Alternatively, you could just give us 20 or so more home systems to choose from of a variety and that would solve the issue for the vast majority of cases.
5) Will we be able to set custom starbases and shipyards? Again, can we edit the XML file generated and still upload it to Steam? How will I include the proper ship designs in this case?
I'm sure I'm missing a few other possible issues, but these are the ones that really stand out to me... I'm confident, that if some of this can't be incorporated into the game itself, that a restructure of the race's XML file/package to include ship appearance/colors/leaders/homesystems/etc. that as long as Steam doesn't then reject the file for upload, we can make do.