Just some thoughts on the next FE (whenever that may be)
- Really like how stable SK has been. Maybe this won't matter... Nitrous for next FE?!?!
- I'd really still like to have customizable units. Perhaps they don't need to upgrade in graphics in strategic or tactical. But I really still want all that customization. Make a bunch of base units graphics wise, with one of each type on each different mount. Make them pretty, they won't be getting a different look with each small item change/upgrade. Preferably they don't even show any weapon in their hand, this way there is no bitching when a unit is shown with a spear but actually has a sword, etc.
- Wildlands: Would love to see something carried further in the next FE iteration. Specifically, spreading territory. Would also love to see the code completely cleaned as to killing the bosses outside still letting the area be cleared. Or, make sure they do not leave their area, or if they do leave and they lose the "scent" of who they were after, beeline right back to their territory.
- Really like cities currently, not many changes there.
- Research: Custom tree for every race?
- Really look through the mods available currently. Steal! Steal hard, steal often! There are some great ideas and mods out there.
- UI - Big room for improvement, with out completely changing. Some of the current stuff is very close with some mods helping those dramatically.
Mod authors--- Fly some of them out to Michigan, load up their mods and play through with them in the same room. Let them specifically show you problems they have had, and make sure things like that are not broken/unavailable next time. Off the top of my head... There have to be a good 5-6 people at least who could really contribute quite a bit in a short time of speaking face to face with people who can make the actual changes. I don't want to name names, only because I don't want to leave anyone off that has done some fine work. But you guys see what's going on in the modding forum, it is pretty obvious who is creative and also very helpful to others in that realm.
The quality of SK has really given me even higher hope for the next "regular" Fantasy 4x TBS from you guys.
Thanks for reading, and for making us some great games!